Monday, January 30, 2012

MAKEmeUPLamour's Most Hated

Good Afternoon or Good Evening depending on which part of the world you're in. Today's post is not your usual cup of tea. I have decided to post some of my NON favorite Makeup Products. Lets begin :)




(Starting from left to right)

1) Colorescience Sunforgettable - This product claimed to be almost clear but when it came to the application it was simply horrible. Very cakey, and the powder puff provided was simply ridiculous. Would definitely not recommend this to anyone.

2) Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails Extreme Wear in 05 Sugar Bare - At first I absolutely loved this, for one I found this at the perfect price $1. Secondly, I couldn't see anything past the name. I mean c'mon ladies and gents don't you just love the name. Think about it Sugar Bare is simply adorable but the payoff is definitely not. You need at least 3 Coats to achieve the desired color! How awful is that? Well I'll tell you, there's nothing that bothers me more than a nail polish you can't do anything with! Forget about a quick Mani or pedi, this takes about an hour to dry.

3) Avon Glazewear Dazzle in Pink Radiance - I had hopes for this lipgloss but was completely unaware that it was both sticky and shimmery. For the thing I hate the most is shimmery lipgloss and even more so when you can feel it on your lips. This had both! At first I thought I could bare through and grow to love it but I soon realized the only thing I loved was the smell. It is simply intoxicating. :)


4) Monave Serecite Primer - OK confession time! This was actually my first mineral powder primer. So there for I must admit I was truly heart broken when it became a fail. It just did not work for me, and added to my oily skin.

5) Almay One Coat Dial Up Mascara - During it's hype on YouTube, I decided to buy this as soon as I could. At the time, it was no where to be found, but one day while at my favorite store (99 Cents) I happen to catch a break. And well you know what happened. I purchased, tried and Hated it all in the same month. For it was an utter waste of time! This mascara did not lengthen nor give me voluminous lashes! Instead it made me eyes water and itch. Allergic Reaction!!! OH NOOOO!!!! Need I say more?

6) L.A Colors Auto Eyeliner in Black Brown - Unlike the others, I did not have high hopes for this product. I simply just said "what the hay, lets give it a try." I believe it didn't work for me due to my oily skin but if you don't have that issue, go ahead, give it a whirl. Let me know how it worked for you.

There are a few items I no longer have and wish I did. Simply for posting purposes of course, but I hope you enjoined reading my rant. And no worries there are more posts to come.
-MAKEmeUPLamour

Disclaimer: The products mention were either bought by me or given as a gift. This is only my opinion, you may or may not agree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment